- These Terms and Conditions apply to “18th Millennium Docs Against Gravity” (Event), organized by Against Gravity headquartered in Warsaw on Bukowińska 26C/12 (Organizer).
- The Event will take place between September 3 and 12, 2021.
- Participants of the Event may remain on the premises until the end of the Event, whereupon they should leave the premises without any unnecessary delay.
Tickets and Event Admittance
- Event admittance is restricted to holders of tickets or other documents issued by the Organizer entitling the holder to enter the premises of the Event. The Organizer may additionally require the participants of the Event to show an identity document.
- Entering a screening room during the Event constitutes the participant’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of the Event.
- Due to extraordinary security measures the Organizer has the right to carry out certain checks at the entrance to the premises, in particular:
- ticket checks,
- security checks,
- health checks (body temperature screening and a health questionnaire)
- Participants of the Event are obliged to follow the security requirements specified by the Organizer due to the ongoing epidemiological situation.
- Every participant of the Event must have personal protection equipment, i.e. a mask, which must be worn immediately upon entry to the premises.
- The Organizer reserves the right to deny admission to individuals under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances, or exhibiting aggressive behaviors.
- Minors under the age of 16 may attend the Event and enter the premises only in the company of a parent or legal guardian.
- A ticket grants its holder one-time admission to a screening. The Organizer may issue passes entitling Event participants to access specific areas.
- Participant registration and ticket purchases are performed through portals collaborating with the Organizer indicated on the mdag.pl website. Tickets which are damaged or have an unreadable bar code are invalid and may not be exchanged or traded in for another ticket.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel tickets and deny admission to participants if the maximum allowable number of attendees on the premises has been exceeded. If this occurs, participants may demand a full refund of the ticket price.
- The Organizer and cinemas collaborating with the Event, as specified on the mdag.pl website, are responsible for ensuring the security of the Event throughout its duration and on its premises.
- A ticket grants its holder one-time admission to a screening (information about the cinema, screening room, and start time is specified on the ticket).
- The above list is not exhaustive. In case of doubts concerning an item being brought to the Event, the Organizer is responsible for specifying permitted and prohibited items and behaviors.
- In each of the cinemas, tickets are sold only for screenings played in a given cinema.
- It is not possible to return purchased tickets.
- Seats are not numbered.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make alterations to the Event in case of circumstances beyond the Organizer’s control, including the cancellation of the Event for a significant reason.
Terms of Participation in the Event
- The Organizer reserves the right to ban certain items from the premises in case of a reasonable suspicion that the item in question may be used to commit an unlawful act according to the applicable legal regulations or these Terms.
Responsibilities of Participants of the Event
- To ensure the safety of the Event, participants must obey the instructions of security personnel or representatives of the Organizer to move to seats other than assigned in the document granting them access to the premises or to remain in their seats after the conclusion of the Event.
- The Organizer is not responsible for items lost or abandoned on the premises.
- Participants of the Event and all other persons on the premises of the Event must obey the instructions of security personnel, including representatives of the Organizer, unless said instructions are unlawful or illegal.
- By entering the premises of the Event, the participant acknowledges and agrees that their likeness may be used without royalties in televised or photographic material, as well as in footage obtained during the Event and used for commercial or noncommercial purposes in all forms of media, including Event broadcasting, Festival promotion, and activities defined in the Organizer’s charter.
- Minors participating in the Event are the sole responsibility of their guardians.
- It is prohibited to make recordings (storing the audio, video, or audio and video) as well as to use digital or analogue photography to capture entire screenings or substantial portions thereof as well as meetings, for the purpose of publication (unlawful dissemination) via any technique or form of media, particularly the Internet, e.g. websites like www.youtube.com, www.facebook.com, www.twitter.com as well as any other websites or web applications without written permission from the Organizer.
- The Organizer will make these Terms and Conditions as well as Venue Terms and Conditions available to participants by posting said Terms at entrances to the premises of the Event.
- The Organizer and participants of the Event, as well as all other persons present on the premises, must comply fully with the provisions of the Act on Upbringing in Sobriety and Counteracting Alcoholism.
- The Organizer does not reimburse travel costs, parking costs, or any other costs incurred by participation in the Event.
- The Organizer does not provide complimentary drinks or meals. The Organizer provides the option to individually purchase drinks or meals.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event in case of danger to the life or well-being of Event participants.
- Entering the premises of the Event constitutes consent to the use of the participant’s likeness for the purpose of production, presentation, promotion, or the use of film or audio and video footage of the Event.
- Engaging in vending, catering, services, or artistic activities including broadcasting, radio and TV recording, filming, and photography on the premises of the Event requires prior permission of the Organizer.
- Individuals disturbing the peace or violating these Terms of the Event or Terms of the venue may be removed from the premises.
- In cases specified by the applicable legal regulations, the security personnel of the Organizer has the right to detain and hand over to the police any persons constituting an immediate danger to property, as well as any persons engaging in prohibited activities.
- Destruction of property on the premises of the Event is punishable in accordance with the general regulations of the Civil Code.
- The Organizer reserves the right to:
- change the date of the Event;
- use certified breath alcohol testing devices;
- use devices that measure temperature;
- hold participants of the Event liable for the damage they incur.
- These Terms are posted at the entrances to the premises.
Personal Data Processing
- The Organizer has the right to lawfully collect personal data, including in cases important to the life of the individual whose data is being collected, e.g. when said collection is required for humanitarian purposes, including the monitoring of epidemics and their spread.
- By signing up to participate in the Event, the Participant agrees to the processing of the following personal data: name and surname, phone number, and e-mail address. By participating in the Event, the Participant agrees that their likeness, recorded during the Event with the use of audio and video recording equipment, may be used by Against Gravity without royalties. Possible uses include distribution and full or partial publication on social media profiles (including Facebook and Youtube) and websites of Against Gravity and entities collaborating with the Organizer to carry out duties specified in its charter, as well as in publications, presentations, videos, and other forms of informational material (including printed or electronic material) created at their request and distributed by Against Gravity in connection with MDAG 2020 and related promotional and informational purposes.
- Pursuant to points 1 and 2 of Article 13 of the April 27, 2016 Regulation 2016/679 of European Parliament and the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (OJ L 119/1 of 04.05.2016) (GDPR), we inform that:
- Against Gravity, headquartered in Warsaw on Bukowińska 26C/12, is the Administrator of your personal data;
- the Administrator has appointed a Data Protection Inspector, who can be contacted at email@example.com;
- the purpose of processing the personal data of the Event Participant is to carry out sign-ups, preparations, and organization of the Event; the Participant’s likeness may be used in the process of disseminating information about the Administrator’s activities in media and publications, pursuant to Article 6, p. 1a of GDPR—consent for a specific purpose, as defined in p. 4 above;
- the recipients of the Participant’s personal data are: entities authorized to receive personal data pursuant to specific legal regulations; authorized employees/collaborators of the Administrator; technical and organizational service providers; and entities tasked with personal data processing by the Administrator, subject to all appropriate safeguards to protect the security of the data;
- the likeness of the Participant will be transferred to third countries (outside the EEA) for which the European Commission has confirmed a suitable level of data protection; in those cases the data will be transferred in accordance with applicable laws and subject to appropriate safeguards, based on the standard clauses of data protection adopted by the European Commission; the Participant may receive a copy of their personal data transferred to the third country; the remaining personal data will not be transferred to recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- the Participant’s personal data will be stored until consent is withdrawn;
- the Participant has the right to access the content of their data as well as to amend and delete it, the right to restrict its processing, the right to transfer the data, the right to object, and the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before it was withdrawn;
- if the Administrator violates data protection regulations during personal data processing, the Participant has the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority—the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection;
- provision of personal data is voluntary, but required for participation in the Event;
- the Participant will not be subject to automated decision-making (without human intervention), including personal data profiling.
1. In addition to these regulations, in the cinemas where the festival takes place, the regulations of individual cinemas apply.
18th Millennium Docs Against Gravity FF